Who is the course for?
To introduce healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to the basic techniques used to observe and monitor the condition of patients and individuals using services, including pain and discomfort levels
What do learners receive?
- Course notes
What does the course include?
- Levels of response
- The ‘Glasgow Coma Score’ system
- Eye and pupil responses and how to assess breathing
- How to monitor and read a person’s pulse and what to look out for
- How to measure blood pressure and what the readings mean
- Methods for taking temperature
- How to assess skin
- How to record observations
- An overview of advanced monitoring techniques