Who is the course for?
To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with a basic knowledge of epilepsy, the management of seizures and the use of emergency medication.
What do learners receive?
- Course notes
What does the course include?
- Causes and types of epilepsy
- General management of seizures
- The use of Diazepam
- How you would deal with errors in administration
- The use of Midazolam
- The use of seizure management plans and risk assessment
- The need for a seizure diary