Who is the course for?
Those working in health and social care in order for them to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.
What do learners receive?
- Course notes
What does the course include?
- Food safety and food hygiene
- Food safety hazards and good hygiene
- Temperatures and storage
- Good hydration and nutrition including digestion
- What constitutes a balanced diet
- Effects of poor nutrition\
- How to promote good and sufficient nutrition and hydration and the importance of the environment in healthy eating
- How dignity can be maintained while promoting nutrition and healthy eating