Who is the course for?
Those working in health and social care in order for them to have an understand their duty of care and how to fulfill it, with consideration for legislation, workplace policies and possible conflicts
What do learners receive?
- Course notes
What does the course include?
- The aim and spirit of the Mental Capacity Act
- When and how the MCA balances empowerment with protection
- Explanation of how and when to assess a person’s capacity
- How to assess what is in someone’s best interests.
- Explanation of how the MCA defines restraint
- Introduction to deprivation of liberty