Who is the course for?
Those working in health and social care in order for them to have an understanding of the requirements around safeguarding, identifying abuse, being able to respond appropriately in situations where abuse is likely to occur and recognising the importance of reporting any suspected incidents.
What do learners receive?
- Course notes
What does the course include?
- Allows understanding of legislation relating to safeguarding
- Outlines the ‘Disclosure and Barring Scheme’
- Considers the ‘Care Act 2014’ in relation to safeguarding
- Defines the term ‘abuse’, ‘harm’ and ‘adult at risk of harm’
- Lists the different types of abuse and includes examples of each
- Considers general indicators of abuse
- Explains employer and employee responsibilities including understanding the term ‘Whistleblowing’ and where to seek further support