New rights for ‘Data Subjects’
- Principle (a) – lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Principle (b) – purpose limitation
- Principle (c) – data minimisation
- Principle (d) – accuracy
- Principle (e) – storage limitation
- Principle (f) – integrity and confidentiality
In accordance with Principle (a) Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
Chosen Care Learning is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal obligations, and to being clear about what it does with the personal information we collect.
We respect and value the privacy of every person who enquires or purchases our services and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful and, in a manner, consistent with your rights and obligations under the law.
Principle (a) – lawfulness, fairness and transparency. We will provide this privacy information to you at the time we collect it from you, so you’ll know exactly what’s going on.
If we obtain your personal data from other sources, we’ll provide you with the relevant privacy information within a reasonable period of time and no later than one month.
If you already have this information or if it would involve a disproportionate effort, then we won’t be providing this information to you, but we will explain that to you at the time.
Principle (b) Purpose limitations– We will collect information about you in order to provide you with our services. We will be clear what information we collect and how we store it. We will provide information such as why we’re collecting your information (purpose) what our retention periods are and who we will be sharing it with, if at all. This is what we call privacy information.
Principle (c) – data minimisation – The information we provide to about how we collect, store and dispose of your information will always be transparent, intelligible, concise and accessible and in plain language.
Principle (d) – accuracy – We will review and update your privacy information from time to time to make sure we’re storing only what we need and that what we do store is up to date. When we start this processing, we’ll inform you about it.
To summarise –
- Right to be informed – We will always tell you what personal data we hold, what it is being used for and why.
- Right of access – You have a right to see what data of yours is being processed upon request. We will demonstrate professionalism in all our record keeping whether digital or manual, and if you wish to see your information we will be happy to show you what we store.
- The right of rectification – If any personal data held by us is incorrect; we have an obligation to change it, and once you’ve informed us of what it is that is need of correction, we will change it immediately and let you know we’ve done it.
- The right to erasure – You can ask us to erase the personal data we hold on you and we will do exactly that and incompliance with the law.
- The right to data portability – We will move your data to another processor at your request.
- The right to object – If you don’t like the way we handle your data, then you can ask us to stop and we will do exactly that – unless there is an important reason for us to continue. If that is the case, then we will explain why.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making or profiling – You can demand that that a real person reviews the data held by software or review any software-making decision.
- We will not share your data with any other third party. We will, from time to time, contact you about our service and any changes or additions to your e-learning courses.
Chosen Care Learning will collect personal information which we receive when you:
- Use our website
- Access a free trial during offer period
- Contact us or purchase or are a recipient of our services.
- We may collect the following types of information such as: –
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and any other contact details you give us
- information required to provide you with one of our services, and details of any of the services that you have used
- Your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- Any payment information you’ve provided us with such as credit or debit card and/or bank account details.
- Appropriate firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorised access. All personal data is backed up daily, and archives are stored off-site in a secure location.
Here at Chosen Care Learning we are committed to keeping your information up to date as far as is reasonably possible. But if you believe we have made an error, then please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct it.
How do we use your data?
The customer organisation data (organisation name, address, URL and key business and contact information) will be stored securely on Chosen Care Learning ’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for the purpose of managing the relationship and service, ensuring satisfaction and awareness of products and developments.
The organisation’s individual learner data (first/last name and email) will be stored on Chosen Care Learning Learner Management System (LMS) to enable learners to access the online learning service, complete courses, answer questionnaires, access resources, record learning progress and download personalised certificates.
Chosen Care Learning will invite customers to renew their service before the actual service expires, once it’s reached its deadline date. If the organisation or individual chooses not to renew the service, access to the courses and training service will no longer be available. After the expiry date has passed, if no service renewal has been agreed – we will:
- Permanently delete your learning and training history from the LMS whether you are an organisation or individual learner.
- Retain the organisation financial transactional details, in line with HMRC’s legal retention requirements.
- Permanently delete learner data from the CRM system whether you are an organisation or an individual.
- Retain the organisation data and all key contact details on the CRM system
- We will continue to keep the organisation updated about essential safeguarding and duty of care matters and products, whereby organisations will be given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ if they wish.
- An individual learner can request that Chosen Care Learning deletes any personal data and training history.
For marketing purposes
We may contact you for marketing purposes if –
- You have consented to receive marketing information,
- If you have made an enquiry regarding Chosen Care Learning services,
- Or if it has been identified that Chosen Care Learning services may be of legitimate interest to you.
We will never use your data in a way you find intrusive or which could cause you harm, and you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. Email our team to opt out of future marketing activities.
We use your information to:
- To provide you with information about the products/services we offer
- To assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted
- To send newsletters where you have asked for them
- Keeping your information safe and secure.
Chosen Care Learning is committed to keeping all of our customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Subject Access Requests
Under the GDPR, individuals can ask for confirmation that their data is being processed and access it. Chosen Care Learning reserves the right to make a reasonable charge for the information where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. Once an individual’s identity is verified, Chosen Care Learning will endeavour to respond without delay, and within the one month specified by law.
Third party access
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by law, we do not, and will never, sell or share your personal information to third parties.
Our Service Providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities. All our systems are located within the UK or EEA.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain our customers’ personal information for as long we need to carry out a particular purpose or meet a necessary obligation.
Use of Website Cookies
If you don’t want cookies to be stored on your device, you should make the necessary changes to your device or the relevant browsers or apps.
Other cookies may be stored on your device by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. These cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected without your consent.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Social Media Platforms
We participate with social media platforms subject to their privacy policies and terms.
You should use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to your own personal data. We will not request personal data through social media platforms. If you want to discuss something of a sensitive nature, then please use a more appropriate channel such as a telephone call or email.
Chosen Care Learning website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to social media platforms. You should use these buttons with care. Note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
We share web links on social media pages. Sometimes, these links can be shortened. These shortened URLs or even the displayed URL can be hacked or otherwise changed against our wishes to divert you to another site. We are not responsible if you are redirected to the incorrect site.
How to contact us:
Chosen Care Learning offer eLearning for mandatory and non-mandatory health and social care training, specially designed for caregivers of all types. Our system comes with a simple-to-use Learning Management System with powerful reporting tools, and is designed to reduce both your administration burden and training costs.